Monday 19 May 2014

mug shots on mugs




Here is my final piece of work for the project, where using transfer paper I printed off my images onto transfer paper and using water I stuck my images around the surfaces of the mugs, with the drawings of the celebrities on one side and the pieces of text around the other side of the mugs, where I tried to position the drawings and text around the same position on all twelve mugs.  

With the mugs I tried to make all twelve link together with the style of the drawings and text used along with the colour and the way the images where layed out. I also wanted the text to be clear on all twelve mugs so the written was readable.

I like the mugs because I believe the text has come out really well on the mugs, even better than the drawings, I also think the colours used for the text and drawings standout well against the white surface of the coffee mug and I believe all the drawings and pieces of text have been positioned well in most areas, also the work has come out better than I thought it would, but next time I need to make sure I layer out the images more smoothly along the surface so the images don't have round marks on them.  

This work is very similar to the transforming the everyday final piece, where I printed out my drawings of cups and bottles on transfer paper and stuck them around the surfaces of plastic cups and bottles, which was a technique I felt work well and could be improved, so this time to improve from last time I made the images of celebrity mug shots bigger and added text to the work and I felt I layed out the images smoother this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment